Monday, April 9, 2012

Good Friday Pretzels

I had wanted to make pretzels during Lent with the kids for the last several years but never managed to pull it together.  Well this past Good Friday it finally happened and it wasn't as hard as I anticipated it to be.  Having an easy recipe sure helped!  While the dough was rising I wanted the children to do something that didn't involve running or jumping so we prayed the Stations of the Cross (I printed a couple of free booklets at the beginning of Lent) and then the kids went outside to play in the gorgeous sunshine.  We enjoyed our pretzel lunch out on the deck with some apple slices and cloud juice (our new, ultra hip term for water).




The pretzels were delicious on their own, but we did melt a tiny amount of butter on top.  




1 comment:

  1. Cloud juice, haha! I may have to try that one. :) I love the pretzels, I guess it's never too early to start planning for next Lent. Although, maybe we'll have to test them out early... they look pretty yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete