Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh Saturday, How I Loathe Thee!

I do not look forward to Wednesdays and Saturdays.  These are the two days of the week where Mike works his open to close shifts.  It turns out to be a very. long. day.  And I need to keep in mind that it's a long day for Mike too.

It's very easy for me to pass off the baby in the middle of the night because I've been taking care of the kids all day.  There is nothing wrong with asking for help from my spouse.  But when I make a habit of staying up late to get some down time after the kids go to bed when I could and should be sleeping, it's not good.   I have the obligation to get to bed early on those nights, knowing full well my husband will be home late and won't get the opportunity to get as much sleep as me.

Sometimes we give a little and take a little.  Sometimes I need to give a little and give some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment